There is has been a little lull in wedding planning, however, we have gotten some things done:
1. We found a Pastor to marry us :) We are using the same Pastor that married my Aunt Kay almost 2 years ago. Ryan and I met with him and really liked him. He is willing to work with the Rabbi we already picked, so it worked out great!
2. We decided on our ketubah - for those of you that don't know what that is - traditionally, it is a signed Jewish marriage contract, however, these days it's also a meaningful, personal works of art to celebrate a wedding.
We picked the design "For Every Season" because I told Ryan that we couldn't take any major steps in our relationship until we had been together for at least all 4 seasons. So we thought this one was fitting :) We really liked the wording because it talks about our marriage, God, children, & family/friends. One of my favorite lines in the text is...."May we be poor in misfortune and rich in blessings." Here is the link to the design and text we chose:
http://www.mpartworks.com/product.php?productid=foreveryseason2
Text (Hebrew & English):
Interfaith V
On the ___ day of the week, the ___ day of ___, in the year ___, corresponding to the ___ day of ___, in the year ___, in ___, the groom, ___, son of ___, and the bride, ___, daughter of ___, entered into a mutual covenant of marriage before God and these witnesses and made this pledge together: "As we travel life's journey together, we will hold each other in respect, in admiration, and in love just as we will hold each other's hand. We will try always to be understanding and forgiving, sensitive to each other's needs and feelings. We will be there for each other in times of need as in times of celebration. We will share in each other's hopes and dreams and support each other to achievements great and small and through all of life's setbacks. May God be with us and bless us. May the laughter of children grace the halls of our home. May we be poor in misfortune and rich in blessings. May the light of friendship guide our path together. May we see our children's children. May the joy of living for one another bring smiles to our faces. May we know nothing but happiness from this day forward. All of this we accept as valid and binding."
*Bride ____________ Groom ____________*Witness ____________ Witness ____________*Rabbi ____________
3. My Mom, Aunt Kay, and I picked up my wedding dress from I Do Too and went to the alterations place they recommeded. I can't describe too many details of the alterations, but I am so excited to see it at the end of August :) Hopefully it will fit much better then!!
More updates to come later...I am so excited for the big day and the rest of my life :)
I was just thinking that it was hitting the 3 month mark and we needed a wedding update. Loved the design you chose it is very pretty and meaningful!:)
ReplyDelete