Monday, February 8, 2010

Disappointment with Music Selection

So we picked a DJ within the first month of getting engaged and I am so mad that we rushed to do that! The other day I got this email from JD's dueling piano bar in Pontiac that they play at weddings. Piano bars are my favorite because I love the music that they play!

Just out of curiousity I called to get pricing (which was stupid because I know we couldn't get our deposit back from the DJ we already booked). They said they have an all-inclusive price of $1,900, which includes 2 baby grand pianos with 2 piano players and a DJ (they switch if the crowd doesn't like the current music). I was shocked at how reasonable it is for what you get! I thought it would have been at least $5,000 - $10,000 because I know how expensive bands are. We are paying $900 for just a DJ, but it would cost way too much to change it :(

Ryan said we should get a group together to go there and hang out...so let me know if anyone is interested in going :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I am sorry about not being able to get out of your contract with the other DJ to get the dueling pianos!:( But, I do have a keyboard in my basement and I can play a mean Hot Cross Buns and I will only charge a plate of your Oreo Truffles to play at the wedding!;)

    We will definitely have to plan a day to go to the piano bar soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Mary had a Little Lamb!;)

    ReplyDelete